Asparagus, trimmed 2 pounds
Garlic Cloves, smashed 10
Olive Oil 2 tablespoon
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth 3 cups
Milk 1 cup
Cracked Pepper And Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Toss asparagus and garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Arrange asparagus and garlic on prepared baking sheet in one layer.
- Roast for 12 mins, or until asparagus is soft, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and transfer asparagus and garlic to a blender.
- Add broth and milk.
- Blend until smooth, depending on how large your blender is, you might have to do this part in batches.
- Transfer soup to a soup pot.
- Warm soup over medium-high flame, thinning with more broth by ¼ full cups, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls.
Garnish with parsley and serve